Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

R&R

In a post regarding stress and de-stressing, Junnie tagged his readers with the following question:

What are the things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out and play?

Hmmm, a ponderous question indeed. My life has become so routine that I can't exactly tell what I do for pure enjoyment and what I do "just because". I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not stressed, in general. I tend to do what I want. It helps to have a wonderful husband - one who would put up with a lot of my foibles.

So, here are the things I enjoy, in no particular order.

I love playing the piano. Just two days ago, I got the Stevie Wonder anthology and Earth, Wind and Fire songbooks I ordered from sheetmusicplus.com. I was so excited that even though I was exhausted from a roadtrip to LA, I hurriedly ripped the package and started playing. Nothing like the cool melody of Knocks Me Off My Feet and finally being able to play one of my most-favorite songs, As, to take away the soreness of sitting in the car for too long.

I'm a TV-holic. There, I said it. And the ReplayTV is my pimp who keeps me supplied with my drugs of choice, even in this lean summer season of reruns. Jeopardy, Will & Grace, King of Queens, Judge Judy, Conan, MadTV, Rescue Me, The Daily Show. And yes, I have my guilty pleasures too - Oprah, Big Brother and Cheaters.

I read. Surprisingly, I still have time left to read actual books. Although my current carry-everywhere is What to Expect When You're Expecting, I have about six unfinished books, including Blink, Ellen de Generes, Eats, Shoots and Leaves and Me Talk Pretty One Day. I love reading blogs too. I have yet to find a system to do this faster and more efficiently, I still tend to get lost in links!

I cook. Just kidding.

I play with my family. We swim, play Monopoly, Catchprase, scrabble, the animal game (something we invented) or just goof around. I prefer it if stepson has a friend over so no one's ganging up on someone (the boys tend to pick on me).

I play games like this.

In his comments box, he asks further:

What about you? What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level?

Aside from the above? This weekend, I'm going with my cousins to a spa to luxuriate in a milk bath and an 80-minute pregnancy massage. I think that'll do the trick!

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 7.13.2005 6:49 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment