Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

Colorful Past

I embarked on some spring cleaning a couple of weeks ago and started filling out huge trash bags with clothing for disposal or Goodwill. As I was rummaging through the back of my closet, I came across this:



I can't believe it! This has been my favorite jacket through the years. This is also probably the last remaining article of clothing that I have brought when I moved here from Manila nine years ago.

I used to love this jacket. Now I realize it's hideous, loud and outdated. No matter, I found myself clutching it close to me and sitting on my bed while the memories came rushing back. I have worn this from the time I was with my first boyfriend up until I got married. Here in the States, I have been stopped several times by girls asking where I purchased it. I don't really remember. I somehow think it's from my Mom (as most everything I own was) and that it came from Singapore. I have a friend who would borrow it all the time. Aside from liking its unique look, I also loved how it is perfect for almost any weather – not too thick and heavy and not too light and flimsy. Because of the plethora of colors (my husband used to kid that a kaleidoscope must have thrown up on me), I found that I could wear it with anything. And wear it I did! Those of you who know me have most probably seen me in it (and snickered behind my back).

Since I have resolved to get rid of as much clothes as I can, I reluctantly put it in one of the trash bags. I foolishly pluck it back and run to my husband, asking for his advice. He said I should keep something memorable around, especially since it's from the Philippines. When he saw what I was planning to keep though, he asked if I had a t-shirt or purse instead. So I dejectedly put my colorful jacket back into the trash. I console myself that someone else will get to enjoy it and take care of it, while her friends snicker behind her back.

On a side note, I also realized I had 12 khaki pants:



This part of my closet looks like a veritable Gap store, the branch where the folders have slacked off. How many khaki pants does one need? I tried to go over them and see what I can discard, but I found that they all still fit me and are in good condition, with different styles and fit, so I ended up keeping them all.

Don't even get me started on the jeans!

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 6.22.2005 1:34 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment