Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

More Goodies

That are not so good for you.

Last week, our company had visitors from our manufacturing plant in the Philippines. Now everytime someone visits from there, I get excited because of the stories from back home, the chance to speak straight Tagalog to someone again, the excuse to take them to the wonderful places in the Bay Area and the inevitable pasalubongs (gifts from the homeland).

This time around, I wasn't that excited because the visitors were three young Engineers whom I've never met before and, since they were male and there's three of them, I just surmised that they wouldn't want to hang out with an "older" kabayan (compatriot) and prefer to be by themselves. However, when they gave me the pasalubongs from my friends in our Philippine office, I was blown away.

Here's what they brought me:



To enumerate:
Conti's ensaymada
Tobi mix nuts
Flat tops
Prima toast
Pili nuts
Cloud 9 (made me smile!)
2 bags of chicharon (my favorite!)
cans of Kraft cheddar
Conti's food for the Gods
banana chips
Conti's and Goldilocks polvoron
more polvoron
Filipino CDs
Haw flakes (haw haw haw!)
ampaw
assorted cooking mixes (hmmm, they know me too well)
turrones de casuy
The girls of FHM magazine
little boxes of tamarind
dilis
knitted purse
bracelets
tops from Folded and Hung and Kamiseta
and of course, packets and packets of dried mango

I could open a Filipino store - one with a weird mix of merchandise. I've been giving some away to friends (except for the chicharon, hee hee) but there's more. If you fancy any of it, just let me know (except for the FHM magazine, which my hubby has sequestered).

What's your favorite pasalubong from back home?

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 6.20.2005 10:04 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment