Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

His Two Moms

About a month back, someone invited me to a dance. Since I knew that this boy already had a date for the dance, I asked him why he was inviting me. He said, "you have to be there!"

So, last Friday, I attended my stepson's Mother and Son dance at his school, together with him and his mom. His mom was so excited she wanted the three of us to go out to dinner beforehand. Since the theme of the dance was '50s and we would be in what I would consider costumes, I passed on the dinner. So, she picked us up, posed for some pictures, and hied off to the dance.

As I've said before, my husband's ex-wife and I have a great relationship. With that said, I still take extra care in dealing with things that relate to her son, my stepson, as far as motherhood goes. So, when I saw that invitation from the school about the mother-son dance, I naturally put it back in his backpack to be given to his mom.

What I didn't know (and will find out later on) was that he asked his mom if I could come to the dance with them. His mom said sure, and that he didn't even need to ask. It felt really good hearing about that. So his mom calls me up and we start planning on what to wear.

Since we didn't have poodle skirts (and weren't really that crazy over the '50s), we decided on capri's and bomber jackets and ponytails. We both ended up with no jackets (was a warm night), but stuck to the rest of the getup.

When we got there, we posed for more pictures in front of muscle cars, then we just played and danced and laughed and danced some more. One of the dances was a line dance, the kind where the mothers are in one line and the boys are in another, and they pair up dancing down the middle of the lines to Grease tunes. When our turn came we got cheers and catcalls, and some boys were yelling out to my stepson, "Ricky's double-dating!" I look at him, afraid he'll be all embarrassed. Instead he's got this wide smile on his face, and that's when I knew everything's going to be alright.


before the dance


the link game


stepson and his mom


me and stepson


some daughters tagged along


hula hoops


you gotta have the limbo

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 5.31.2005 10:30 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment