Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

Sugar + Caffeine = Work Longer

Last Wednesday, I created my 43 things on 43things.com, which was referred to me by Junnie. It's a neat site where you can list down your goals, with the presumption that writing them down makes it easier to achieve them. What I like most about the site is that you can see how others have completed the same goals, and they tell you how they did so. Some courageous ones even offer to help, so you can ask them any question on a particular goal. A cute touch is that the community can cheer each other on specific goals.

Okay, so I tried to be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-based) with my goals. Some items on my list are lose weight, drink more water and get in shape. Pretty simple right?

I just have one problem. Our Facilities Manager at work sent an announcement today that from now on, our company will be providing free snacks and beverage for all employees, including chai teas and espressos from Peets and Starbucks. Sure enough, when I sauntered to the cafeteria, this is what greets me (pardon the grainy pictures, taken with a phonecam):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And my personal favorites:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Damn you workplace <fists waving in the air>! Why oh why must you taunt me?!?!

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 3.18.2005 4:28 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment