Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

From Your Wicked Stepmom

When I married my hubby, I got a 5-year-old stepson out of the deal. I was apprehensive at first, since I was cocooned with my own family and blood relatives for three decades and have never had a step-anything in my life. Some people say, and I tend to agree, that I was lucky that the stepchild is of the opposite sex, and that he was very young when I was introduced in his life. But I would say that the biggest factors in easing the transition of our relationship are the way his parents brought him up and his loving nature.

My husband is brilliant when it comes to handling children that I never had a problem with my stepson. I have learned a lot just watching him be a great dad. He playfully introduced me to his son as his (stepson's) girlfriend such that the latter ended up getting possessive over me and would fight with his dad for my attention. There was a point when he would not kiss his mom because he didn't want to upset me. As he grew older and realized I was actually his dad's girlfriend (which I'm sure he's relieved to know), we have become best friends.

His mother, my husband's ex-wife, makes sure that he treats me like his mom too, giving me carte blanche authority on him when he's with us. One of the biggest compliments I have ever been given is when she told me that her son is very lucky to have me in his life, she couldn't wish for a better stepmom for him. She even tells this to her relatives and friends that I get embarrassed sometimes. With a mother like that, it's not surprising that my stepson is one sweet and loving boy.

Happy birthday Ricky! I am very lucky to have you in my life, I couldn't wish for a better stepson!

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 2.20.2005 9:19 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment