Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

Stepmoms are People 2

I have a very unique relationship with my stepson. I would say we are more friends than mother-son. I'm his favorite wrestling partner, maybe because I let him do anything and everything to me [and he, me]. I'm also his favorite TV buddy. He's got me hooked on SpikeTV and Nick@Nite while I've got him hooked on CSI and The Amazing Race. He'll even watch Dr. Phil as long as it's with me! We love to play, I mean really play, with each other. He laughs at me whenever he kills me at Halo 2, while I laugh at him when he gets a word in Scrabble wrong. We gang up against hubby/daddy, like when I'll let him go out and play when his dad won't, or when he takes my side when choosing which restaurant to eat at. We also have spats like friends do, like when he made fun of my favorite 80's music or when I teased him about the girl he liked at school.

Lately though, he's become more son-like towards me. He makes me sign his homework packet all the time, while I used to leave this to his dad or mom. He wants me to tuck him in after his dad has already done so, whereas he used to just kiss and hug me goodnight before going to bed. He asks for my help more and more on his homework, especially in Math. Last week, when he got sick, he told his dad that he'd rather stay with me than his mom.

He's also been slipping a lot too and mistakenly calls me "Mom." Although I'll never take the place of his mom, I like the sound of that.



my drama queen stepson after trying some vietnamese fish sauce



still reeling from the fish sauce, and gunning for an oscar at the same time



once in a while, i let him sit in the front seat of the car, and whenever he does, he always wants to hold my hand


Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 1.24.2005 5:55 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment