Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

I Feel the Need

Yesterday, our company treated the IT, Finance, HR and Purchasing departments to a day of go-kart racing at SpeedRing to thank us for working hard on the Sarbanes Oxley crap. I almost didn't go to the event because I was behind on my Christmas shopping. Good thing I changed my mind - what an exhilirating experience!

We were divvied up in 8 teams of 3. We raced for 2.5 hours around a decent course, and have to complete a minimum of 4 driver switches. We foolishly thought that this was too many, until we found out for ourselves that it gets tiring out there! Once we got tired, we would pat our helmet to signal the next driver to get ready to switch. We ended up switching nine times.

Although I crashed three times, with the last one so big that they yellow-flagged all racers to attend to me, I still ended up with the second best time in our group, ahead of Joe (hee hee). We won third place, which was not bad considering the first place group have all done this before (with one of them being a regular), and the second place team was only ahead of us by one lap. I'm so proud. At first I thought I'd slow my two male teammates down, but I discovered this aggressiveness in me that made me down-pedal the race most of the time. Unfortunately, this also caused my crashes, I cannot decelerate enough around the tight bends. This also gave me my badge of courage - a couple of bruises and a gash on my hand. Youch.

I iced my back last night but it's still hurting. I think shopping will make this feel better.



How come my suit makes me look dorky?




The Winners




Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 12.16.2004 6:38 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment