Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

This Old Dog of Mine

I had a roller-coaster of a day yesterday.

To start off, I had a great work-day, successfully launching a new product, a USB Smart Cable for two of our business lines.

Then in the afternoon I found out that FPJ, a Filipino-movie star who ran for Philippine presidency but lost, passed away. This news saddened me not so much because I knew him or admired him, but because I can't help but feel that if he hadn't been pressured to run for office and got all stressed and worked over, he would still be alive and well today.

I then went to our company's Christmas party. Although scaled back from the grand and lavish kind we used to have, it was still fun. It was held at 7 Restaurant, a hip and classy lounge closed to the public that night for our party. Food was great, entertainment so-so, but hey, I won a $100 gift card to Westfield Shoppingtown so I'm not complaining. I had a grand time, mostly with Kevin and Debbie, laughing non-stop so hard, only stopping for air once in a while.

When I got home, I was met with the news that our yellow lab, Xerky (short for Xerxes Double-Trouble Zeus F.) has been missing since 4 p.m. Unfortunately, he didn't have his collar on because s-son took it out just the day before to relieve him of the heavy chain. He usually just sits on the lawn while the workers paint our house, but they think that he must have followed some dog somewhere. The problem is he's very old, a little deaf, and has arthritis so he won't be able to find his way home. Hubby and some neighbors have been looking for him all night. Although late, I begged my husband to come with me to look for him some more, and we searched our neighborhood in the dark. I was squeaking one of his toys continuously, straining my ears for the faintest bark. We gave up at around eleven. Going back home, I suddenly start thinking of Xerk, and start bawling. I couldn't stop. I finally went to sleep at around 2 am, and woke up this morning with puffy eyes.

After lunch today, my husband calls me to say that the "fugitive" has been found. He found him on the third doggie jail he visited. When I got home, there he was, sleeping with his squeaky toy, as if nothing happened. I usually don't like waking him but I just had to hug and croodle him.

I'm glad the roller coaster ended on the upswing.



Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 12.14.2004 7:26 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment