Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

I Did It!

I wrote 50,000+ words of my novel, Change the Game, and submitted it a day before the NaNoWriMo deadline. I honestly didn't think I could. I had a very slow start, churning out less than the prescribed 1667 words daily. I even hit literary walls during my trip to Seattle, where I thought I could crank the words out because I would spend copious hours cooped up in a hotel room. That turned out unproductive, because no matter how I tried, I couldn't find my writing groove. I rolled up my sleeves and jumped in with both feet when I got back home, about 11,000 words behind, reminding myself that if I don't finish this novel now I never will. So I wrote. And wrote. And wrote. In the process I neglected my family, my health, this blog (is anyone still reading this?). The only thing I didn't neglect was work, because I couldn't do any writing at work. Shows you my distorted priorities.

I love my husband. He has been so supportive through all this. He would wake we up from the couch, reminding me that I should write amidst my sleepy protests of tiredness. He would let me have espresso at night when normally, he would forbid me to even smell coffee past 2 pm. He helped me with my convoluted plot twists and turns, including the unbelievably difficult task of coming up with characters' names. [I've run out of former teacher and co-worker name combinations!] He is my number one critic and number one fan. I began the process with letting him read my Chapter 1 and when I asked if I should continue writing, he enthusiastically replied "Yes! This is salacious! I can't wait to read the rest of it!"

With 59,289 words crammed in 30 days, my novel is far from over. The story is not finished, I haven't killed off all the characters I want to. Plus it will probably take me 30 months to edit this sucker (NaNoEdMo anyone?). But I feel a great sense of accomplishment, I learned a lot this short month. This project is a great motivator for me. My only regret is I didn't get to go to the Bay Area closing party because, ironically, that night was the meeting of our book club at work.

I had a wonderful time. But I'll probably never do it again. For now, it's off to sleep. Glorious sleep.

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 12.03.2004 9:12 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment