Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

Hmm, I think I've used that title before. For those who aren't familiar with the line, it's also a title of a 70's tune made famous by Dionne Warwick.

I'm pretty proud of the city in which I live. It has been voted as the safest big city for the fifth year in a row by Morgan Quitno Press, a Kansas research firm that has been compiling the safest and most dangerous cities lists since 1995. Big is qualified as having a population of 500,000 or more, and with San Jo's 944,522 residents it sure belongs to the list.

What strikes me more in this study is that there are three Texas cities on the 10 safest (El Paso - 2nd, Austin - 5th, San Antonio - 8th and Fort Worth - 9th) and two among the most dangerous (Dallas - 5th, Houston - 9th). I guess everything's really big in Texas.

On the same week, San Jose was also voted as the second (or third, I'm not sure because I just heard it on Good Morning America) healthiest city for women by Self Magazine. Amazingly, San Francisco with all its health nuts only came in ninth in this particular study.

Ironically, I've been sick as a dog the past two weeks. I was so upset because I've finally taken steps to become healthier on my third trimester - walking with hubby in the morning and spending 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer at night. I think there was no escaping this sickness because a slew of people were sick at our work the prior weeks. I wish people would stay home when they're sick. Despite my attempts to take precautions - inducing gallons of OJ and other fluids, washing my hands all the time and staying away from sick people, the bug caught me good. After two weeks of coughing, my rib cage felt like I fell down a flight of stairs, or got beaten up by two men. The slightest movement hurt, and subsequent coughs or sneezes brought me pain. The baby's been a trooper through all this. I feel guilty about taking medication, even if they're deemed safe for pregnancy, but I also felt that not easing the coughing will be harder on him.

Further, I haven't had a chance to visit my newest niece (or cousin once-removed for folks here in the States) - Keira Christina. I have been looking forward to her birth and now I must patiently wait and ensure I'm fully well before I see her. Too bad I couldn't resist reading about the pain of childbirth in my cousin's blog. Oh well, after the pain of the last two weeks, all I can say is bring it on!

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 11.29.2005 4:06 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment