Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts


Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold

powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)


designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Laborious Weekend

I am so tired. From all the running around and packing this long weekend. I have always thought it paradoxical that worker bees take the day off on Labor Day, but hey, I'm not complaining. I definitely needed this time to accomplish a lot of to do's.

This weekend is extra busy for me because I have my mom and my brother staying with me. We started Saturday with brunch at the Harbor Cafe, one of hubby and my favorite haunts down in Santa Cruz. We proceeded to my in-laws' deserted house at Pebble Beach to pick up entrance passes to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We ended up staying longer than we expected because they're having problems with the ReplayTV we gave them for Christmas and we didn't leave until we fixed it. Then we headed out to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is always a good touristy place to take visitors to. I took some pictures of the fish, especially the sharks and some humongous yellow-fin tuna, but I was disappointed the sea otters were asleep. My brother, s-son and I were banging on the glass to wake them up, but they just rolled over and didn't even open one eye.

On the way home, I got hooked on my s-son's Bop It Extreme 2 game. His high score is 230 and I got up to 124, then he wouldn't let me play with it again, lest I beat his record. He, my brother and I played Pass It and we all had a blast (I could tell my hubby was getting jealous because he always tried to mess me up when it's my turn). Even my mom couldn't resist and tried her hand at it when we all got pooped. I always thought it was a kid's game and now I plan to buy my own (shhh, I'll try to beat 230).

Sunday we went to mass after having breakfast at home [I made sure the whole family went to a morning mass this time]. Then I took my brother and mother shopping at his favorite store whenever he comes to visit - TJ Maxx. My credit card got hammered again after buying clothes and toys for my dear nieces and nephew, plus of course a few things for poor 'ole me [hee hee]. I swear, one of this days, my credit card will jump out of my wallet and run away. I've been using it like it's free these past days.

Sson, who's so averse to shopping, was so cute. After mass, when he found out I was going to go shopping, he asks if my brother really has to go. They've gotten so close and he loves playing Halo on Xbox with him. I said my brother's the one who actually wanted to go shopping. He says that can't be right - boys hate shopping.

We then picked up hubby and sson had a very late lunch at Dairy Queen, after we found the Vietnamese and Japanese places we went to closed (it was only 3 pm!). That turned out a welcome treat, because it was one-hundred-four-freakin-degrees in San Jo, so the blizzards were lopped up fast.

We then dropped by the SJ airport to confirm my brother's reservation to Mexico, and found out that his secretary (I think they still call them that in the Philippines), failed to move his flight, so he was scheduled to leave the following day at 6 am! We were all bummed, especially sson. We all thought he had another full day with us.

When we got home, my mom, hubby and I finally started packing my hubby's ex-wife's china. I've been meaning to do this for years because my own china is still in their boxes and serve as an eyesore lined up on our kitchen wall. My mom told me I wouldn't get around to it without her, so I caved in and rolled up my sleeves (figuratively, because wearing sleeves in this weather would be idiotic). We wrapped each piece in bubble wrap and were very, very careful. Her china was very beautiful, it even matched the kitchen walls. One moving moment was when sson bounded into the kitchen and asked what we were doing. When I told him, and he asked why, hubby said "to make room for Vangie's china, because she is the mother of the house now, and we should've done this a while back." I was worried how he would take it, but he just shrugged and proceeded to help us, because he wanted his dad to play Halo with him. I was relieved, hugged him and then shooed him away because I cannot risk having a single piece from this exquisite china broken. In the end we had 4 huge boxes of delicate china on our kitchen floor. It's up to hubby to transport them to the ex-wife.

Monday morning we all took my bro to the airport. It was 4:30 am so we were in our jammies, and sson insisted on coming even though he couldn't even open his eyes. We saw him off, went home, and went back to sleep. Didn't wake up until 11:00 am.

To be continued...

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 9.06.2004 3:38 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment