Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

What Am I Worth To Ya?

I had a job interview this morning with a fast-growing private Financial Investment firm. I have been stressing out the past couple of days (and neglecting this blog) due to this. It's not that I badly need this job. In fact, I am not actively looking for one. This opportunity came around unexpectedly.

Our company web developer, who reports to me, just quit and his new company wants to hire me. Apparently the CIO and a senior software engineer from that company have attended a User Group I hosted several months back and were impressed with my presentation. I don't remember their company nor their persons so I felt bad when I couldn't say something witty to them during the interview. They don't even have a concrete opening for me, they brought me in to interview for a DBA position and in the end they realized I am more of a developer and project manager so they said they will create a position for me. Wow, that must have been some presentation I did.

Why stress out then?
1. I haven't interviewed in over ten years.
2. I feel that my skill set is not a great fit for their requirements.
3. This job might turn out to be too good to pass up, and I will have to, gosh, quit.

I hate change. I am a creature of habit. On top of that, I tend to be obsessive-compulsive about things and once a routine is broken, I feel lost and discombobulated.

The reason I even gave this interview a try is to go through the experience, learn what I'm worth in the job market, have a security blanket that in case my current employment goes south - I will know how to go about selling myself. Since there are many factors going against this new opportunity (e.g. long commute, crowded work environment, all the hassles of a new job, etc.) I gave them a very high amount for my desired salary, $30K more than what I'm making now. I can't believe they were still willing to bring me in for an interview.

Now, after the interview, I'm sure I wouldn't want to work there. It's equal parts I didn't like the new place and I do like my current job. No, wait, I LOVE my current job. And you can't put a price on that. That's one of the realizations I had on my 45-minute drive back. If only for that, the stressing out over the interview was well worth it.

Do you love change, or resist it will all your being?


Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 8.26.2004 5:31 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment