Home

Who am I?

S vintage star
S filipina now living in california
S obsessive-compulsive... make that compulsive-obsessive... no, obsessive-compulsive
S cold all the time (literally)

current terror alert level
Terror Alert Level

Why is Life Cold?

i actually have a very happy life. i just saw this graphic one day and got an inspiration for another blog. why not write about the stuff that makes life cold? from the huge, catastrophic, life-altering events to the seemingly trivial, little incidents that rub you the wrong way. it doesn't have to be a personal experience, it can be something observed.

on writing these down, my intent is to learn to appreciate life more and have a better handle on things when life throws you a curve ball. i want whoever will read this to contemplate, not get depressed. hopefully, you'll share with me your experiences as well so we can learn from each other.

p.s. it doesn't always have to be cold

Previous Posts

Archives

Get Cold With Me

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Suddenly... Life Got Cold



powered by Bloglet

Where I Go When I Feel Life Getting Cold

S Memento
S Jo's Forum
S Shai Coggins
S pinayexpat
S joyceline
S piehole (a very funny girl)
S Din's World
S pinayhekmi chronicles
S Linnor
S Tin
S kwentong tambay
S deja brew
S denden
S mushings
S Junkville (never fails)

 

designed by lonelyger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com





FILIPINA O+

Gone for the Gold

Last Saturday, hubby and I attended an aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. There was a mass, a sumptuous lunch and yes, karaoke. Which actually wasn't that bad because there were two great singers (one of them a professional from the Philippines) who thankfully performed a lion's share of the songs.

I had a great time, seeing the cousins I grew up with in Manila who are now based in Phoenix, Atlanta and Australia. We all used to live in the ancestral home that was three storeys high - they were on the third floor, our family lived on the second floor, and two other families occupied the first floor. Since there were six siblings in their family, there was never a dull moment in that house. My brother and I loved hanging out upstairs, only coming down to eat or sleep. I'm especially fond of my cousin from Australia since she's closest to my age and was my idol growing up. You know the little kid who follows you around and does whatever you do? That was me with her. I would copy the way she she wrote, the way she drew, the way she spoke, the way she dressed, the way she baked Pineapple Upside-down Cake. It was unfortunate that she has moved away when I finally perfected my version of the Pineapple Upside-down Cake.

I also caught up with my cousins who live in the Bay Area but I seldom see. It's funny I feel so close to them, since I read their blogs regularly, but when I see them in person I get all clammy and don't know what to talk about, that I end up bringing up the most inane topics (like calling my dog stupid when I knew they were dog-lovers). [If you're reading this, this is my way of apologizing for being a blubbering idiot last Saturday. Believe it or not, I'm shy around you guys.] Oh well, I've got a lot of time to make that up.

When some cousins started to sing the YMCA, I left the room to go out to the patio and joined my husband and an uncle. They were talking about golf and I tuned out. I suddenly felt gloomy. My mom will never celebrate a golden wedding anniversary. My brother and I won't get to tell the world the valuable lessons we learned from our parents growing up. Family and friends won't have the chance to sing cheesy love songs as tribute to our parents. My future child will not get spoiled by Lolo Junior.

I snapped out of it and went back in to join the party. I let Billy Ray Cyrus blaring from the speakers drown out my sorrow. Nothing like watching good 'ol line dancing to get your mind off your achy breaky heart.

Vangie Fuhrman got cold on 9.27.2004 8:45 PM. |

Comments: Post a Comment